Happy Valentine's Day
Today I feel it is appropriate to share a couple of Valentine postcards that I inherited from my mother that belonged to my Great Grandmother Nora Ellen Baley. These postcards mean so much to me because they show a side of her that is so unknown. Unfortunately, Nora died in 1937 when my mother was 6 years old.
Message says:
Lizzie to Nellie
Dear old Girl I would love to see you and have a long talk with you. I got your Valentine and think it was pretty. I bet you had a nice time in old Ark. (Arkansas where Nellie/Nora was born). I am going back about Easter Sunday to stay awhile while I and as ever Lizzie to Nellie.
I don't know who Lizzie is and it will warrant an investigation in the future. Here is another Valentine's postcard to Nellie:
This one had no message.
Enjoy the day.

2 comments:

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

What beautiful cards. What a great idea to put them up today. You are such a smart women. I love the simplicity to them. I love cards and post cards. There is nothing like the old way of sending mail by snail mail. I will never give that up.

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

I love old postcards. Thanks for sharing.

Bill ;-)

http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"